[Dnsmasq-discuss] warning: `dnsmasq' uses 32-bit capabilities (re-visited)

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Fri Jun 7 10:33:27 BST 2013

I am confused about this warning, as the changelog states it is fixed from wayback 2.4.x.

Now, dnsmasq works fine, but running a AMD64 produces this warning no matter what I do.

I thought it was due to /usr/include holding the system GLIBC kernel headers (mine are 2.6.4), and my current kernel is 3.9.4.

So, I installed 3.9.4 headers into /usr/x64_headers/include and changed dnsmasq Makefile CFLAGS to have -I the new location.

At after build, it seemed to have made an impact, as original vs new binary sizes are different - but on a reboot, I still get the warning.

Is there no way to fix this up?

Many thanks,

Nick
--
Free Software Foundation Associate Member 5508
http://linicks.net/