[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.62-3 as DHCPv6-Server and RA-Server: Bug sending router's link-local instead of global address as gateway and DNS-server?

Martin Babutzka martin.babutzka at online.de
Tue Jan 21 13:02:58 GMT 2014

Thanks for the replies! I hesitantly updated to dnsmasq-2.68 since I first
wanted to stick to the version provided with Debian wheezy. The quiet-options
really reduce the amount of syslog messages except for: "dnsmasq-dhcp[23663]: no
address range available for DHCPv6 request via eth5"

Concerning the link-local addresses it actually looks like this is the default
when advertising gateways in local networks. Unfortunately other software to
proxy/relay dhcpv6 and ra can not handle it properly. It is basically possible
to also advertise the routers global address (see here:
http://www.macfreek.nl/memory/Non-Local_IPv6_Router_Advertisement and the RFC
here: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6275#section-7.2 ). Is this option also
available in dnsmasq? In radvd it is called "AdvRouterAddr on;".

Many regards,
Martin