[Dnsmasq-discuss] not getting address specified in dhcp_hosts

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 23:24:08 UTC 2014

This is a _very_ old platform, running 2.47.

What happens is that a client requests it's previous address in the DHCP
DISCOVER packet, and that's ack'd as ok by dnsmasq, even though it differs
from the address as specified in the dhcp-hosts file that's in use.

On a much newer build of dnsmasq, I see the expected (by me) behavior of
the requested address being denied, and the configured address returned.

Further, my lease change notification script is getting an "old"
notification for the requested address, but never getting a notification
that a valid lease was handed out.  As such the application listening to
the lease notification events is losing track of the devices in question.

I've gone through the release notes, and I'm not seeing when this would
have changed.  I can attempt to port a newer version of dnsmasq to the
system, but it's a very old version of OpenWRT (8.x), on linux 2.4...

Is this something that I can configure around?

Thanks,
Aaron