[Dnsmasq-discuss] mdns support

Vasiliy Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Thu Jun 19 19:35:42 UTC 2014

> From what I remember there was some discussion [1] in the past,
> but not really any final decision...
>
> [1] http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2013q4/007753.html

=(. I'm try to use avahi, but it dometimes not work, also i can't
publish some addresses (process hang). And i thinkg that nss module
not needed if normal dns server able to do mdns requests.
Also avahi hardcore timeout for request to 5000msec, and ping
xxx.local address  that does not have ptr record need every time
timeout for 5 secods. As i see avahi not maintained (last release more
than year ago).

--
Vasiliy Tolstov,
e-mail: v.tolstov at selfip.ru