[Dnsmasq-discuss] How does DNSMASQ handle large concurrent configure file updating request requests

Yongkang You yongkang.you at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 03:50:19 GMT 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 4:48 AM, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk>
wrote:

> OK, the first problem: I didn't anticipate that you're using
> dhcp-optsfile, do there's no support for that in the code I checked
> in. That's easily fixed.

After release new binary, I would love to try.

> There's no support for addn-hosts either. You're including the
> hostname on the dhcp-host stanza, so the hosts file may be redundant,
> but it does allow the hostname to resolve in the DNS even if the host
> doesn't have a DHCP lease. If that why you're using the hosts file? If

We using leasefile-ro option in dnsmasq.conf. I am not sure if it means no
DHCP lease, although we still have to call 'dhcp_release', after removing a
VM's dns config. Is it a correct usage?

> so, I need to think about that a bit more.

But we do need that files, since there are some hostname bindings will only
appear in addn-hosts configs (and not in dhcp-host configs).

> Re: you second message. There's no logging for this, given we're
> trying to support lots of files, I didn't want to clog up the logs.

If there are some debug option I can use to test, I could easily figure out
if the new function works in my environment.

--
Yongkang You