[Dnsmasq-discuss] dns server

Thiago Farina tfransosi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:15:40 BST 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:38 PM, Linux Luser <linuxluser at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if NetworkManager's version is better or worse for your case.
> My understanding was that it is specifically configured to provide DNS
> services to the localhost only. I think you should install the regular
> dnsmasq for your distro if you are using it as a core service for your whole
> network.
>
> On Debian-based systems, for example:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install dnsmasq

After doing this, my /etc/resolv.conf contains only 127.0.0.1.

I did try updating it by running the following command lines:

$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf

And

$ sudo resolvconf -u

And nothing were able to pull the nameservers from my router now. :/

I had to manually edit it in order to get back access to internet.

Why is that? What updates resolv.conf from my router's config?

--
Thiago Farina