[Dnsmasq-discuss] dns server

Linux Luser linuxluser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 22:06:05 BST 2015

Maybe something like this will help:
https://gist.github.com/linuxluser/cf8f967c9ec8167e6fed

I tried to keep it minimal. Read the comments and change things to your
liking. Again, that conf file applies to the SERVER, which should be
running a standard version of dnsmasq, not the one that comes with
NetworkManager.

To address the other problem, NetworkManager has taken control of your
/etc/resolv.conf file and will pretty much overwrite it whenever it wants
(usually during DHCP renewals). There are ways to work around this, but
it's going to start getting complicated. The easiest thing to do would be
to turn off network-manager and configure your interfaces via
/etc/network/interfaces file instead. Again, this is for the server only.
For other machines (clients) on your network, network-manager would
probably work just fine. Despite network-manager's insistence that it can
be used for servers, there are still issues with that idea (namely, you'd
have to do away with all the tried-and-true network configuration files and
tools that most use on servers).

--
daV.e

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him...
The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All
progress depends on the unreasonable man." Bernard Shaw