[Dnsmasq-discuss] localdomain non-responsive without edns on ubuntu 14.04

Justin Karneges justin at fanout.io
Sun Feb 14 00:52:26 GMT 2016

Thanks for your reply, Simon.

I'm using tcpdump to monitor src/dest port 53. I can see a request packet
being sent to 127.0.0.1:53 and then another sent to 127.0.1.1:53 which
doesn't respond. It turns out there are two dnsmasq services running, and
the first is forwarding to the second. However, I don't see any traffic
after this, which suggests that the second dnsmasq (the one listening on
127.0.1.1) isn't forwarding the request to whatever upstream nameserver is
behind it. So I think this is a dnsmasq issue?