[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNSMASQ fails to start on boot

wkitty42 at gmail.com wkitty42 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:50:04 BST 2016

On 10/19/2016 12:06 AM, David Griffiths wrote:
> I found a discussion talking about the same problem on Ubuntu but the
> recommended fix did not work for me :-(
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dnsmasq/+bug/1531184
>
> It is a case of DNSMASQ starting before the network is ready.
>
> Any suggestions please?

you can't have your DNSMASQ start up script check to see if the network is up
before starting DNSMASQ? systemd isn't involved in your RPi installation, is it?
the older style init.d scripts (sysV??) should be much easier to work with...
check the interfaces' statuses with the ip or ipconfig command and see if they
are ready to be used...