[Dnsmasq-discuss] Is there a way to run dnsmasq in safe mode (no-fail)?

Ercolino de Spiacico bellocarico at hotmail.com
Sun May 23 18:17:04 UTC 2021

I didn't try but I suppose the --test parameter works. However this is
not my point.

I would like dnsmasq to stop (prevent execution) only for very serious
matters like incomplete IP addresses in config, binding port higher than
65K, etc. you name it.

I believe there is a rather long list of reasons (incorrect dhcp-host
syntax being one as per original message) that could/should be excluded
from this process execution control.

This takes nothing away from the fact that having a clear/clean config
is ultimately a must, I just don't want to have to call a person in a
different continent again because of a typo on a "secondary"
configuration parameter.

In one sentence: let's make dnsmasq as resilient as possible.

Thanks