[Dnsmasq-discuss] file not found messages from tftp

Aleksander Mazur deweloper at wp.pl
Thu Jul 8 16:10:00 UTC 2021

Dnia 2021-07-07, o godz. 13:20:23
Geert Stappers <stappers at stappers.nl> napisał(a):

> On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 11:01:53PM +0200, Aleksander Mazur wrote:
>
> > may I suggest changing
> > log level from LOG_ERR to LOG_DEBUG in case of ERR_FNF?
>
> It feels wrong to **hide** valid TFTP requests under DEBUG logging.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your point.
AFAIK valid DNS query requests are already completely hidden (not even under
DEBUG). Does it feel wrong as well?

Anyway, those fake TFTP errors turn my syslog into dnsmasq's verbose trace log.
Lowering their severity to DEBUG (since they are completely useless unless you
are debugging dnsmasq or PXE/TFTP client) restores usability of the syslog.

--
Aleksander Mazur