[Dnsmasq-discuss] What's this error in syslog mean?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Sep 6 11:17:52 UTC 2021

On 05.09.21 22:45, Chris Green wrote:
>I did say what versions I was running.  The version which causes the
>problem is 2.80, the version that fixes it is 2.84.

I don't think dnsmasq comes with init script for RPI.
And I'm not sure anyone with RPI is reading this list (did someone reply so
far?)

Posting those scripts and/or diff would be better than just mentioning that.

>A diff between the two versions shows a *lot* of changes but they're
>all to do with quoting etc. and making sure that empty parameters
>aren't causing problems.  There's no real change in logic that I can
>see.
>
>A typical change is:-
>
><       case "$RETVAL" in
>---
>>     case "${RETVAL}" in

even similar change can in some cases change the results.

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.