[Dnsmasq-discuss] Nonstandard Formatting?

john doe johndoe65534 at mail.com
Fri Sep 17 05:52:28 UTC 2021

On 9/16/2021 10:19 PM, Carson Riker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> New to the project, but I looked through the source and found a lot of what seemed to be inconsistent formatting style. I read the FAQ and anything else I could find, but I couldn't locate a style guide.
>
> Specifically, there seemed to be a lot of mixed spaces and tabs. For example, seems to have interspersed blocks of tabs and spaces. Several other files showed the same structure.
>
> Is there some pattern I am missing, or is it just not standardized. On that note, would a PR standardizing things be welcome? I know I hate when someone drive-by PRs a bunch of formatting without understanding what's going on.

As far as I can tell, there is sadly no clear structure on the coding
style to use.

I don't think that the maintainer 'Simon kelley' is opposed to a
standardisation of the code.

Personally, I think that would be a good idea to document and implement
this but I'll let Simon decide on how to proceed.

Note that Simon is currently away.

--
John Doe