[Dnsmasq-discuss] change in behavior where v4 address exists but not v6 in 2.86

Todd Derr salty at bandcamp.com
Tue Sep 21 04:14:45 UTC 2021

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 12:03 AM <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> wrote:

> In 2.86, there's a defined priority list for domains, so the behaviour
> you want is easy to define
>
> address=/dummy.com/127.0.0.2
> local=/dummy.com/

thanks, that works fine for our purposes.

also thanks for the explanation. I mentioned in another message that a
coworker was having some issue with 2.80; based on what you said I think
that was definitely something else but I think at this point I'll just
convince them to upgrade if they haven't already.

> Maybe better documentation is the solution?

The example above is really helpful and clear IMO, maybe sneak it in at the
end of --address?

thanks,

todd.