[Dnsmasq-discuss] Make selective changes to the cache

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Sep 25 12:52:18 UTC 2021

On 25/09/2021 00:00, Petr Menšík wrote:

> Hi Ulrich,
>
> Why would you like to modify cache?
>
> Would it make sense to be able to add runtime --address=/test/:: like entries instead? Of course
> adding that later should flush any related subtree from cache.
>
> It can be done via dbus already, I am not sure if it flushes cache if new subdomain entry for
> --server is added.

Hi, I *think* you might also be able to do it via inotify?

Drop a file into a watched dir, which would get added into the config, question is only if it will
force out existing entries? You can delete the item a few seconds later since we don't reload all
the config when a new inotify entry is spotted... (curious huh)

Ed W