[Dnsmasq-discuss] How may is too many CNAME references?

Ercolino de Spiacico bellocarico at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 27 12:24:19 UTC 2021

Thank you for the answer.

In my case, since I'm compiling the adblock list via script that takes
already care of the duplicates, this dnsmasq behaviour is redundant and
actually unwanted because it causes issues.

Beside this, is there a specific reason why you force this check on
CNAME only but not on A records? It seems inconsistent.

I would suggest to switch this off by default for cases like mine and
perhaps design a new option to force the duplicates check if wanted only.

Thanks