[Dnsmasq-discuss] filter-AAAA is breaking dnsmasq

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Oct 10 08:42:59 UTC 2021

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 03:20:33AM +0200, Trey Sis wrote:
> On 10/10/2021 2:08, E wrote:
> > dnsmasq can't start when the user add filter-AAAA or --filter-AAAA to
> > conf file.
> >
> Hi,
>
> you shouldn't really do that anyways. Removing AAAA records is usually a
> very bad idea. It will also keep your network from being ready for the
> future.

Very true.

But the message that started this thread should be read as

  Hello people that I address,

  You made dnsmasq.
  I demanded a feature.
  You added even two features `filter-A` and `filter-AAAA`.
  I'm yet not capable of using the new feature.
  You must help me.
  I already told that two days ago.
  You MUST help me NOW.

  Regards  Entitled