[Dnsmasq-discuss] ODP: Infinite loop in PXE proxy replies with a tagged proxy dhcp-range

Pawel K pawelk_ol at outlook.com
Mon Sep 21 20:57:05 UTC 2026


Hello Guilherme,

What you are describing, seems the issue I raised several weeks ago. Maybe months.
In my case it was on OpenWRT. But same settings and same results.

Cheers,
Pawel
________________________________
Od: Dnsmasq-discuss <dnsmasq-discuss-bounces at lists.thekelleys.org.uk> w imieniu użytkownika Guilherme Puida Moreira via Dnsmasq-discuss <dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>
Wysłane: środa, 16 września 2026 15:58
Do: Alkis Georgopoulos <alkisg at gmail.com>; dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk <dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>
Temat: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Infinite loop in PXE proxy replies with a tagged proxy dhcp-range

Hello Simon, Alkis & others,

> I confirm the issue and that Guilherme's patch resolves it.
> Please consider applying it upstream.
> Debian Trixie and Ubuntu 22.04+ are affected, so that's a lot of users.

I plan to upload the patch to Ubuntu 22.04, 24.04, 26.04, and 26.10
soon, but I would appreciate a second pair of eyes before doing so
(especially since I'm not comfortable with the dnsmasq codebase).

I really don't want to upload even more broken stuff, and I'm worried
about introducing more regressions.

Cheers,
--
Guilherme Puida Moreira


_______________________________________________
Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list
Dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk
https://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dnsmasq-discuss
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/attachments/20260921/eb06c00a/attachment.htm>


More information about the Dnsmasq-discuss mailing list