[Lister-FR] LISTER FR2 16HP SPARE PARTS

GIZMOS AFFORDABLE TECHNOLOGY gizmos_01 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 8 01:17:59 BST 2009

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting back to me - Ill take time out and keep
searching  and talk to Peter Forbes.

The FR2 is in pretty good condition and had the round fuel tank, a
made up railway iron base
and multi V belt pulley and the 3" Harland centrifugal pump.

I will clean it up and drain all oils, check settings and timing and
filters and run it and see how it goes.

I was going to swap it over to one of the ST generator heads I
imported from China but who knows.

Penrite recommended the Mono Truck 30 a it will not cause glazing
like the modern diesel oils and
afford a better level of protection over the Classic series oils
which are really designed for petrol engines.
If the oil becomes too viscous Id change to the Penrite Mono Truck 40.

The engines always attract attention - I have a lot of Listeroids in
my warehouse - and even tho they are not
genuine Listers they attract a lot of attention - the Lister FR2 16HP
is a classic - ID say Ill move it on
once I have a better understanding of the engineering that I can use
to spec the Listeroids I am importing.
I never have enough spare time to do the FR2 justice it really needs
ot be used or used for spares to keep another
in operation - see how it cleans up anyway.

Your launch must sound like music with one of the FR series powering the unit.

Regards to all

Stephen Hutson
Gizmos T/As OzListeroids
0413180306