[Dnsmasq-discuss] DBUS dhclient

Howard Chu hyc at symas.com
Thu Jun 11 21:22:11 BST 2009

Due to some poor behaviors in NetworkManager, I've switched over to using wicd
on my Ubuntu laptop. ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/291760 ) wicd seems to
invoke dhclient without any special action scripts, so I've quickly cobbled up
this patch to make it use dnsmasq/dbus. It should probably be smarter; e.g. it
could fallback to updating resolv.conf if the dbus-send fails. It also doesn't
do anything with IPv6 addresses. Dunno if anyone else has done this already,
so I figured I'd post it.

--
   -- Howard Chu